• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Olympus MJU720SW

ogofmole

Anyone else out there using the new Olympus MJU720SW for caving, I have now owned this camera for over a month and used it a lot caving, picture quality is good and noise is very low. You can use the onboard flash as long as there is a good draught otherwise I turn the flash off and fire a manual flash. You can hold the shutter open for up to 4 seconds and using a small tripod and self timer this will give you plenty of scope for firing a flash manually. The camera is fully waterproof, this was tested in Ogof Rhyd Sych the other week, it is also shock proof and can be dropped 1.5 m without any harm coming to the camera, this one has not been tested yet, but it will cope with rattling around in a bdh bottle. So far I am very impressed with this camera for reaching the far reaches of a cave. As normally I use a Nikon D70 with lots of flashguns for most of my cave photography, but this becomes rather clumbersome for visting War of the Worlds etc.