Bits left at swildons 20

Jon B

Hi all, a couple of slings and krabs belonging to Frome Caving Group were left at the 20 on Monday night by some members.  If anyone finds them and would like to save us buying new ones, could they post back.

Thanks all  (y)

Jon Beal
FCG kit looker-afterer

cap n chris

Dear Mr. Tackle-Looker-Afterer,

Just out of interest what's the usual score when club members borrow stuff and then lose it? - do they have to replace it on a new-for-old basis? - do they just say "Tough shite" and the club has less tackle as a result? - do they have to leave the country and change their identities? - are they hunted down by masked vigilantes and forced to make amends at gunpoint?

Just me being curious, again.

Les W

In the Wessex if kit is "lost in action" then it is an acceptable loss, ;)  but for kit lost through "carelessness" eg. forgot it, left it on the car roof, etc.  :-[
I would expect the guilty party to replace it :read:

cap n chris

Just wonder if there's mileage in a sort of "Wombles" type club where all the club kit is stuff which has been found either underground, in hedges or barns or elsewhere ..... OR is this hitting the nail squarely on the head since this is where most clubs get their kit from in the first place?...

graham

What if it's not actually lost because the perpetrator knows exactly where it is but cannot retrieve it?

W

wormster

cap 'n chris said:
Just wonder if there's mileage in a sort of "Wombles" type club where all the club kit is stuff which has been found either underground, in hedges or barns or elsewhere

Cap 'n Chris might I draw your attention to the following website:
http://www.lostkit.co.uk/  :halo:

cap n chris

Cheers for the reminder, Wormster; I put a post there on 3rd February 06 under the caving heading but no-one ever got in touch.....  :cry:

W

wormster

No worries,  (y)

Cap'n chris I wasn't sure if you were aware of the site in question.

Jon B

Chris, the offending person has offered to replace the bits if required :chair:. As a small club with low menbership fees there's not a lot of money stashed away and thankfully bits aren't lost often. We have got plenty of old rope for the winter plans in cheddar though- tearing the old bits out was a great idea-we haven't had to go swimming there all summer :clap:

jon