Pindale/Cavedale - DCC work on resurfacing etc

SamT

As per usual, DCC look like they're making a right pigs ear of things..

http://peakdistrictmtb.org/alarming-work-on-pin-dale-by-derbyshire-county-council/?fbclid=IwAR0-sdU7T-lA4Q41KAm7yZhDw892IGgmY4pWDIC-oMbqt165K9nVWW3qWKs

I'll be apoplectic if they touch cave dale. Absolutely no need what so ever to start buggering about resurfacing up there.
I'm not really coming at this from a mountain bike angle really, just one of completely unnecessary tinkering, and completely cocking it up if they do. 

I've seen fb comment from others (who happen to also be on these forums) suggesting its easier for walkers to access post re-surfacing, but I'd argue that walkers have more than their fair share of footpaths that are not legally accessible to mtb's, and that mtb's have precious little accessible/suitable trails, so perhaps just leave them, or at least work closely with those groups for a mutually agreeable outcome.

Point of order though - IIRC, the whole of pindale was actually once tarmac'd properly all the way up. I'm thinking 70s.  I@m sure I remember Dad driving us up there in the Renault 4  :LOL:

AR

Some good news for you Sam - Phil and I have been in discussion with Andy Tickle (Friends of the Peak District) over this, and he's heard from DCC yesterday that they are going to remove the road planings/crud from Pindale and redo it in limestone chatter like they were supposed to in the first place. I believe they're also going to be a lot more careful about what they do in Cavedale...

SamT

AR said:
Some good news for you Sam - Phil and I have been in discussion with Andy Tickle (Friends of the Peak District) over this, and he's heard from DCC yesterday that they are going to remove the road planings/crud from Pindale and redo it in limestone chatter like they were supposed to in the first place. I believe they're also going to be a lot more careful about what they do in Cavedale...

(y)

pwhole

I think the prospect of crud dropping onto the heads of tourists in Roger Rains may have tipped the scales - who knows? But utterly ridiculous, especially considering the amount of specific knowledge out here. Maybe we should all apply to be consultants for them and get paid?