• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Where to go on my holidays?

maxb727

Hi,

After some unsuccessful googling (googling in my experience is always unsuccessful when I have no idea what I want) I am none the wiser on what to do for my holidays....

So:

Dates: 21st April - 2nd May (same as lots of the UK)
Where: Europe,
Activities: Hiking, Climbing, Caving (although not for the whole time), Via Ferrata, Canyoning, Biking
Number of people: 2 (but possibly 6)

Please can someone help. We are quite capable of leading ourselves on the activities and we are quite happy camping if that makes it cheaper.

Thanks

Max

me

Someone has suggested Georgia to me but have no information.  Has anyone been there? Whats it like?

Amy

Depends, Georgia the country or Georgia the state in the US?
I highly recommend Georgia in the US - come to TAG! :D

(and people think us 'mericans don't know anything about geography outside of the States :p)

jarvist

SamT said:
Slovenia. Cant go wrong.

There'll be an awful lot of melt water around then... All depends on whether you care for the alpine karst.

If you're heading for the Julians, it can be cheaper to fly Ryanair to Trieste and hop across the border.

El Agreb

maxb727 said:
Activities: Hiking, Climbing, Caving (although not for the whole time), Via Ferrata, Canyoning, Biking

Would suggest almost anywhere in Provence.
Somewhere like Orpierre is a good base . Orpierre is south of Grenoble just north of Sisteron. All levels of accommodation are available from camping upwards including a bunkhouse or two.
A good density of all the above activities with options of hiring the bikes etc.  Plus within reach of the Vercors, Verdon and the Med if you wanted to add Deep water soloing to the list, long days but possible.
Served by cheap Flights to Lyon or Grenoble, within easy driving distance of the UK.
Budget airlines though would be extortionate if carrying kit for all of the above.
Also a good chance of tolerable weather and conditions at the end of April.