• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Any Devon SS Members?

GarDouth

Administrator
If there are any Devon SS members on the forum, please could someone drop me a message about your cottage - gardouth@hotmail.com

Thanks

royfellows

How has the use of acronyms crept into society?
You direct that question to any non caver and expect a strange look.

There is a motor dealer friend who visits today on hos way back from buying cars at "BCA", there is also a caving friend who visits. I hope some day they both here together so I can get the popcorn out.

royfellows

lumenchild said:
I don't think it's such a good idea to refer to the Speleological society as the SS,  o_O

I have never even considered giving an award for "Understatement of the year", but if I had, you would be front runner.

AR

I have to admit that I saw the thread title and what came to mind was a fictional Torquay hotelier goose-stepping across the dining room...

RobinGriffiths

Ha yes, or the Monty Python sketch where the Third Reich are holidaying in Minehead (just over the border but anyway)

mikem

How about DSS ? (department of social security for any youths, DWP since 2001) - they had a similar reputation

paul

[gmod]Let's try and stay on topic. It's a simple question - this is not in Idle Chat...[/gmod]

mrodoc

I am a DSS member. Here is the webpage with all the information you need:  http://www.southdartmoorbunkhouse.co.uk/