Luke's Kingdom beneath Tideswell area?

• Thread starter uprussia2004caver
  • Start date
U

uprussia2004caver

I was talking to Ken Shirt recently, and he told me he was with T-Pot (you don't know me T-Pot, but I know a few people who you know - bograt, various Tidza folk - my name is Jonathan Buttle) once, and they were discussing a possible cave called Luke's Kingdom.  Do you know anything of that? Ta

SamT

cant say i've ever heard mention of it. Im sure there are lots of derbys cavers who'd be interested (living in litton and tidza etc).

It always strikes me that there is a great deal of limstone around there - with not much cave.

T

T pot 1

Your user name uprussia leads me to think that you live at town head Tidza
The cave system that you refer to is an old poser, it is supposed to be a passage or passages that lead from Tidza church to Monks Dale (maybe the cave known as Monksdale Hole or its other name Blanket Hole) Other supposed passage are said to come from under the church, these were supposedly used as escape routes by the monks during the reformation

T pot

U

uprussia2004caver

Hey up T-Pot.  Yes, I am a Russian, well actually my grandma, Norah Gregory is (or was), lived in a house on Higher Terrace Road (to the left of Summer Villa as you face it).  I took over living there, so I've been a Russian now for near on 6 year.  Actually I seem to be sounding like a cowboy not a cossack!  Brian and Pam Woodall, as you know, lives below me.  Used to drink with Bograt (that caravan with the hole in the kitchen floor) 20 years ago along with my cousin Danny Ayers, brother of Nigel Ayers, son of Don and Mary Ayers.  My brothers are Neil and Nicholas Buttle and my parents are Joan and Harry Buttle (next door to sewage works).

I realize it looks like I've a lot of spooky and weird interest in you T Pot, but this isn't the case, honest guv.  It's just I'm always hearing your name coming up from various sawyeads (no nasty gossip, dunna worry), and I can't place the name to the face.  So excuse the interest: I'm not a stalker, really!

So, Luke's Kingdom is, as expected a myth.  It's nice to think something may be there though.

A question for you T-Pot:  Dean Megson told me it was you who found that lad (Michael Bolton??) who'd died (years and years ago now) down a cave down Stoney.  Is that true?  Could you tell me which cave it was and any other facts of the case?

Cheers,
JB

D

DARBY

Not sure but i would imagine T might not want to comment on this subject long time ago and best left alone.