Caving on Telly

damian

Definitely the Tradesman's Entrance with our very own Mr. Sparrow (who was obviously under instruction from the film crew to make the guy's trip unpleasant!)

Gerbil007

:LOL: @ the bit where Andy tells him the gloves are to stop him ripping his fingernails off! Obviously stuff like this doesn't improve the general public's perception of what caving is all about, but I don't actually think it really matters. IMHO, a person either is or isn't going to be of a suitable disposition to be a caver. Only a very few people would be swayed one way or the other by something they see on TV.

Andy Sparrow

Gerbil007 said:
:LOL: @ the bit where Andy tells him the gloves are to stop him ripping his fingernails off! Obviously stuff like this doesn't improve the general public's perception of what caving is all about, but I don't actually think it really matters. IMHO, a person either is or isn't going to be of a suitable disposition to be a caver. Only a very few people would be swayed one way or the other by something they see on TV.

I am guilty as charged.  Thank God the bloody programme is about to expire.

seddon

(mind you, at least you do okay on TV, Andy. I looked rubbish, and was wearing a 'pink' balaclava at the time...)

zucca

I wonder why caving is suddenly this popular, and all for the wrong reasons...
(Also, I've never been to Goatchurch!)