Ian Bishop - rest in peace

zippy

After a long fight against cancer, I am sad to say that Ian Bishop, member of Keyhole Caving Club, and author of the "cave guide to Slovenia" passed away yesterday evening.

Ian was a great bloke, a good caver, and a good friend - he will be dearly missed.

Condolences to all his family, especially to his wife Heather, who looked after him in his final hours like no one else could.

seamoose

Very sad news.
Myself and several Eldon members were lucky enough to accompany Ian and KCC on a trip to Slovenia in 2005.
I have very fond memories of Ian on this trip.
He had an amazing enthusiasm for caving and digging.
His achievements in Waterways Swallet are testament to this.

Condolences to family and friends.

Jase

S

Salty

I knew Ian through Waterways and a very enjoyable trip to Slovenia

I didn't know him that well, but he seemed an absolute top guy

Very sad news

condolences to family and friends.

Mike

AndyF

I'd known Ian for getting on for 20 years, been on more trips than I can think of in France, Slovenia and a lot of time down Waterways. Ian And Richard Lockyer made the first big breakthrough in Waterways,  I know how much that moment meant to him.

A great guy, solid, reliable, strong and determined. A sad loss indeed.

SamT

:cautious:

Only met him very briefly, but in our small correspondence he came across as some one who was living life to the full.

my condolences to all who knew him.

Pitlamp

I met him once, in the shop at Ingleborough Cave. We had a long and pleasant natter, as cavers do. He knew about his illness then and told me about it. I was amazed by his determination to get on with things and enjoy life as long as possible. I remember him enthusing about Waterways that day and I was really impressed. This news is a shock for me as, when we met, he was still hopeful they could sort the problem. He left me with in no doubt that he was a grand bloke. What an dreadful shame.