Firefox 57

The Old Ruminator

Firefox browser has been loosing ground to other browsers like Chrome for a while now but I have stuck with it. If you dont mind some of your private data being collected by the US tech giants then Firefox may be the answer. Firefox 57 is still in Beta 12 but looks to be stable . The full edition should arrive mid November. Mozilla are calling the new Firefox  "Firefox Quantum" and it has had a massive refresh of code with Mozilla claiming it has twice the speed as before. It uses the multiple processor cores that run on many computers meaning that it loads pages quicker and uses less of the pc's memory. It comes with little on the tool bar but you can replace a few things like bookmarks via the customize link. Alternatively the URL tab will pick up things after you type a few letters. Windows XP and Vista will no longer support Firefox after June next year.

NewStuff

I ditched Firefox because it was a crashy, memory-hungry, single-threaded beast, at least under Linux Mint. I'll give it another try though when it's in a confirmed stable Beta, or full release.