scurion 18650 adaptor

richardg

Is there an adaptor that can be placed in the Scurion battery box that takes 4 x 18650 individual cells?

And would this provide enough of the required energy to power the headset?

MarkS

I looked into similar options for a home-build light. Prefabricated packs seemed a little unnecessary to me. I couldn't find any pre-made inserts for Scurion or Nora cases, so in the end I made my own for an old-style (3 x 18650) Nora case, which has been very effective.

So long as any 18650 holder for a Scurion has a 2-series 2-parallel configuration, it should run the light just fine. I'd be interested to hear if any do exist.

Benfool

Dont worry, I'm here!

As far as I know there is not one available - Scurion themselves certainly do not produce one. There is very little space inside the battery box at present, so I think you'd struggle to make an adapter that would fit inside the case.

Bare 18650s certainly would be a massive advantage and IMO is one of the big selling features of the Phaethon light. I've thought about mentioning this to Rolf in the past, as it would remove one of the weakest points in the Scurion system (the battery connector), but it would involve a massive redesign of the battery box, so might not be commercially viable. If anybody does manage to design one that works I'd certainly be interested in taking a look!

B