Warmbac PVC sizing

ryanctj

I?m looking to invest in one of those yellow Warmbac PVC oversuits. Are they prone to shrinking over time like the cordura ones? Also, are they any good? If not what are good alternatives? Many thanks.

Ian Ball

I've not noticed any shrinking, I would say they seem stiffer than cordura which isn't so much an issue but there you go.  I've had one for a fair while and although it's the only pvc suit I've worn I like it.

I would consider the options as Meander Criou from Starless River, Landjoff from their website, or Warmbac from Inglesport.

Though the AV suits seem very popular in the Dales.

chunky

Definitely no shrinkage on the PVC suits even with some moderate overeating of hot cross buns and easter eggs!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

skippy

I had one for a few years....I couldn't fault mine. In fact it 'wore out' rather than ripped in strategic places. I have a new one on the shelf but at the moment I'm using a cordura suit and only use the PVC suit for wet, draughty caves.
No shrinkage, good fit, great price.

frank

I have found that if you follow warmbac sizing the suit is a bit tight which makes the seams fail quite quickly with heavy use. I now go one size bigger and my suits last a hell of a lot longer.

The Old Ruminator

I was at the Warmbac factory last week. The cordura ones will shrink if they are washed and left in the sun. I was told it was due to the weave tightening. I find that Large + fits me best and allows for slight shrinkage. I am 5ft 8 with a 40 inch chest. The worst aspect of a too tight suit is trying to get out of it.

ryanctj

Thanks all, I think a warmbac PVC suit it is for me. I like the yellow...looks good in photos. Also, after reading the above posts, now that my cordura one fits me nicely, I guess it?s time to stop drying it in the greenhouse  ;)

estelle

i have a warmbac PVC as my digging suit, i'm now on the second one as they are great for our dig - leave suit to dry hung up, roll it out and all the clay/mud falls off - so easy clean. It has no shrinkage, so you don't need to allow for that at all like the cordura ones do a bit. Also the one thing i found good was that as it wore, it just wore through, despite abuse, it didn't tear, it just got thinner and thinner over time. Initially i was concerned about any wear-points, but the fact that they didn't wear through or tear was a real positive for me. My old suit, while the material is now very thin has no holes or tears still and although very porous, is still quite usable. I felt i got value for money on my abuse levels on it.