Ingleton garage

Emsy

For those of you who enjoy living close to the edge when it comes to the fuel-gauge you might like to know that Ingleton garage is closing at the end of the month for around 6 months (I think its closing its doors on 27th Jan but not sure).

I think the nearest garages are Settle and beyond Kirkby Lonsdale.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info. Certainly my local garage however try to avoid buying fuel there as always more expensive than one just beyond Kirby Lonsdale.

I was nearly left high and dry yesterday after "amber gambling" with the old fuel light. Turns out despite info on the net that the BP garage west of Kirkby Lonsdale shuts at 7.30 or so I was told by the owner when I knocked on.

I was please to find though that there is another 24hr garage at Crooklands (5 miles further west), which I never knew was there. Should solve late night, post caving food issues as well.

Fulk

The garage at Crooklands seems to have the cheapest fuel around the area, such that lorries frequently leave the M6 at J-36 specifically to refuel there (it's a minor detour to the garage if you're joining the M6 at J-36).

JJ

There is one other local garage for completeness which has not already been mentioned, serving petrol and diesel. Probably not the cheapest!

Green Smithy on the Slaidburn road just out of Bentham and before the big stone. Limited opening though 8-5 Mon-Fri and 8-12 Sat.

Be aware of the speed limit going to the BP garage west of Kirby Lonsdale.  :-[

The speed is the same as when you pass Booths and doesn't increase until AFTER the garage  :mad: