Please protect your email address when posting

bubba

Administrator
I've been getting a lot of "report to moderator" reports recently regarding people who have posted their unmasked email address into a topic.

Much as I appreciate the fact that people can be bothered to do this it's really a case of once you've posted it it's too late.

By the time a moderator gets the report and goes to edit the post, it will already have been harvested many times over. The search engines index pages super-fast these days.

So, please don't do this unless it's a temporary email address as your email will be collected by spambots and you will enter a world of spam hell.

I'm no longer going to edit these out for people - I'm not being lazy but ya'all should really know better by now, this is 2009 ;)

Instead of posting your email address:
- Post an obfuscated version like me (at) domain (dot) com
- Use the PM system instead
- Use the PM system to give out your real email address
- Use a service such as Spamgourmet, it really works very well.
- Use the forum email function (a bit flakier granted)

Whilst I'm on the subject also please stop replying to PM notification emails :)

Thanks all  (y)

bubba

Administrator
There has been a recent flurry of people reporting posts for having phone numbers and email address in plain view on the forums.

Whilst I appreciate the effort, please read the above. Surely everyone knows in 2009 not to put your email/phone number in plain sight any more?