Bagshawe Cavern

SamT

For anyone planning a trip down there (or taking groups).

Work has started on replacing the old wooden stairs on the entrance steps.

The plan is to do away with them and cast as set of concrete steps instead. To that end, shuttering has been placed over the old wooden stairs and at the moment its a bit tricky to get past.

Work is hopefully going to completed on 13th November.

If you do go down - please be careful to avoid disturbing any form work/ shuttering.

Cheers - The bagshawe team.

D

Deep-Penetration

hehe,

Do you need the cement mixer back then?

Tim :wink:

SamT

:D

Nah - think we'll stick to one thats a bit easier to start - i.e. an electric one.

Cheers anyway.

D

Deep-Penetration

Hehe, okey dokey :wink:

BTW, we managed to get that one started, it appears to have had two-stroke fuel put in it, (its a four-stroke)

It coughed and smoked a bit but has run ok ever since..

Tim

A

Amanda. R

Hi Sam and all the Bagshawe team. FANTASTIC. The old wooden steps will be no more. Have you, or are you planning on taking any photos of the process? Any idea what time you will be getting to bagshawe? Hope to see you and lend a hand. Me mums done some baking for you. Amanda.x

SamT

Deep-Penetration said:
Hehe, okey dokey :wink:

BTW, we managed to get that one started, it appears to have had two-stroke fuel put in it, (its a four-stroke)

It coughed and smoked a bit but has run ok ever since..

Tim

:eek: Well - it wasnt us that put two stroke in it. Myself and Bob dearman took a tour of the peak district trying to find some 4 Star petrol. Bob was absolutly insistant that unleaded was no good. For any one in a similar predicament - Roger a the Castleton Garage sells it.
So it deffo wasnt us. !!!!!!! 8)

Hi amanda. Work is well under way. We will be there about 9 am on saturday, and will be around all day. Sunday too. Hoping to get the job done and dusted by then (but we'll see).

Mmmmmmm - home baking :D

Johnny

Unless we got our estimations tragically wrong, and there is now a big pile of concrete at the bottom of the stope, Bagshawe's entrance now has a new flight of concrete steps.

It was a big job and all the Eldon lads who mixed, sawed lugged, hammered and got into bother with their partners should be proud.

Thanks to Amanda R and your mum and her sister for keeping the troops fed.

N

Nanook

Johnny said:
Unless we got our estimations tragically wrong, and there is now a big pile of concrete at the bottom of the stope, Bagshawe's entrance now has a new flight of concrete steps.

Well i did say i was only a 'BIT' of a chippy.... :shock:

A

Amanda. R

Well done to the lads for putting the new steps in. It was good to see you. Amanda :D

underground

I have now managed to procure a couple of 6.5m long lengths of nice shiny galvanised handrail tube, so as soon as it can be got on a roof rack it will be winging its way to Bagshawe ready for installation...