Author Topic: Urgent... Please Read  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Fulk

• forum hero
Re: Urgent... Please Read
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2021, 09:41:08 am »
Every time I log onto on-line banking, the system asks me if I want it to ‘remember’ my name and 12-digit log-in number; this has always struck me as counter-productive . . . or I am being over-cautious?

Offline aricooperdavis

• Global Moderator
  • forum star
  • Cornwall to Cumbria
    • Cooper-Davis.net
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2021, 09:48:23 am »
I'd say there is probably a great chance of a Korean student hacker, or the Russian mafia targeting something like Lastpass and gaining access to all the passwords stored online, or stored in your browser, (something in never do, i.e. store password for next time on websites etc).

Even if they did the decryption happens on your machine, so the only useful info they could get would be your encrypted passwords, which (if you use a strong master password) might take millennia to decrypt.

Offline Speleofish

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2021, 12:42:37 pm »
Presumably all this depends on the Chinese NOT managing to invent quantum computers (or anyone else...)?

Offline pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
    • Phil Wolstenholme website
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2021, 12:53:25 pm »
A friend of mine who lived in West London a long time ago used to leave a huge glass jar full of change in the hallway of his flat - about £50 worth. His logic being that the sight of pure hard cash would be enough to distract and occupy any burglar, but the damn thing was so heavy that they couldn't take anything else, and probably wouldn't get far before they dropped it. Apparently it had been tested by friends previously and it had worked - could there be a digital equivalent of this perhaps? ;)

Offline Paul Marvin

• forum star
  • Bronze, Silver & Gold Swimming Certificates, WGAS
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2021, 12:01:51 pm »
A friend of mine who lived in West London a long time ago used to leave a huge glass jar full of change in the hallway of his flat - about £50 worth. His logic being that the sight of pure hard cash would be enough to distract and occupy any burglar, but the damn thing was so heavy that they couldn't take anything else, and probably wouldn't get far before they dropped it. Apparently it had been tested by friends previously and it had worked - could there be a digital equivalent of this perhaps? ;)

Funny you should say that I went to glaze a hose this week that had been burgled and they had also left a great big sweet jar of change that was in easy view .
I dont know where I am going, but will know where I am when I get there.

Offline lumenchild

• addict
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2021, 12:08:44 pm »
Hi Guys

Anybody that knows Mick Peters AKA Pingu please be aware his email has been hacked and people are posing as him asking for a favour to buy some Google play points for  his nephews birthday PLEASE DO NOT forward anything to them  :furious:

Paul
I had issues a few years ago with my e-mail account being hacked, caused me a world of problems  :o
always love life, remember you are made from stardust you where born to shine!

Offline Paul Marvin

• forum star
  • Bronze, Silver & Gold Swimming Certificates, WGAS
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2021, 06:16:47 pm »
Presumably all this depends on the Chinese NOT managing to invent quantum computers (or anyone else...)?

Probably already have  :-\
I dont know where I am going, but will know where I am when I get there.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal