Carlswark Survey

Norris

Good evening all, can anyone tell me how recent the latest Carlswark survey (in paper form) is and where can it be purchased from? Planning to do Flower Pot through to Resurgence shortly, and my survey (dated 1985 J Beck) doesn't show Flower Pot.

Thanks

Pete K

I don't think there is a more up to date paper survey around. One of the Stoney guys may be able to point you in a better direction. Search for the threads on Flower Pot on here and you should be able to piece together a good enough description to go off of.

martinm

You don't need to purchase one, just download one of the forms off the peak cave monitoring web site:- http://www.peakcavemonitoring.org.uk/content/view/7/8/ (Better still complete and return a form after you've been down!  ;) )

There is also an annotated survey on here somewhere showing where Flower Pot enters Dynamite series and also a detailed description of the same! (I have printed them out for my visit there in the near future...)

Enjoy! Mel.

Goose

eyup Uncle Norris  ;)
What do you need a survey for  :confused: its carlsouchmykneeswark! ahhhhh.... I see now, you want to know where the codeine connection is  :eek:  Don't worry chap I know the way... :-\ its been a while though!
See you Sat at Yondermans

Norris

Hi Goose, my caving normally consists of bimbling about for a few hours, saying things like "is it this way?", "haven't we been past this dead dog once all ready?" or "lets do something easier next time", but once I get home I like to track where we  have actually been. Sort of consolidate the trip for the next visit.  ;)

See you at Yondermans  :coffee:

martinb

Peak Monitoring has the best survey currently available, I do have a bigger pdf somewhere on my pc.

As Pete says - search for Flower Pot and you will bring up a couple of annotated survey snippets for that bit.

Be warned that those of a routund nature may find the Flower Pot/Dynamite section somewhat taxing.  ;)

Don't believe a word the Goosemiester says - he can get lost in a wet paper bag!

If you've got a large chest / shoulders then don't bother trying to do the through trip from Flower Pot unless you're a masochist....

D.

Goose

I thought 'masochists' are those who find Winnats Head fun  :eek: Its tight, granted, at least if you do decide to abort your only spitting distance from the entrance! then a little walk down the road to Layby Pot  :LOL:

Norris

Just wanted to post a bit of an update. Flower Pot to Resurgence trip went ahead as planned. Myself, Playoutside and Goose made up the team. Thanks to all the guys who were involved in the overhaul of Flower Pot, proper job. The trip went without a hitch, thanks to the navigation skills of Goose, barring a little excursion into Porth Crawl, luckily Playoutside recognised where we were from pictures on this site, we did a quick backtrack onto the main route. We were warned I guess  :LOL:

Goose said:
eyup Uncle Norris  ...............  :eek:  Don't worry chap I know the way... :-\ its been a while though!..................

Couldn't get out of resurgence due to water level, left via gin entrance and made our way to the moon for a debrief.

A good day was had by all

Norris

No, I fairly certain we gave that a miss, but Goose will  probably confirm either way. To be honest I didn't like the look of Porth crawl, and Codine connection is worse isn't it.

playoutside

Isn't JonP  The one i have heard refferd to as" like a Ferrite" Well known for his love of tight spaces?  :-\

Have to say the trip was well worth it, really enjoyed it after i figged out the technique. (y)

Thanks to all those on here that instigated the trip and motivated me. :clap: :beer:

JonP

haha, you could have done the mini dynamite round trip through the Codeine connection and back via Porth crawl.

Goose

Not forgetting to take in the delights of picnic passage ehh Jon  ;)
Anyway whats wrong with Porth Crawl  :confused: its easy, only struggled through codeine because I forgot to bring my hacksaw to take my left ankle off  :eek: 6' 3" don't fit BTW
Flower pot - Resurgence.... a worthwhile trip for anyone wanting to experience/[practice a few easy(ish) tight bit of caving  (y)
Flower pot - Eyam Dale House Cave.... ?????? hows it going?

JonP

Dave and I havnt been back in about a year. Its in the pipe-line to go and have a look see what the situation is at the end but to convince yourself its a good ideais bloody hard going.