Fire hose

SamT

They are replacing the fire hoses in our office block at the moment (the big rubber ones on reels on each floor bout an inch bore)

I was horrified to see most if it just going in the skip so being the pikey that I am, I had a word with the guy and he's putting it asside for me. Theres masses of it and I have already taken as more than I need.

It still pains me to see it going into the skip (shiny jublilee clips nozzles and all).

so does anybody want any - for the garden - the garage, their dig, their club hut. anything really. I can store it for a short while at the bagshawe shed untill collection can be arranged.

SamT

They are around 30 meters maybe's a few are longer I think. I can see about 6-8 lengths stacked up outside now. Henry has also expressed an interest. Im going to grab what I can fit in the car this afternoon. And take it out to the bagshawe shed tonight. Where are you based in sheff cause I can drop some off thisafters if you want.

Cave_Troll

My office is out by Meadowhall
If its what i'm thinking off, i might try puming air down it as we could probably bury the pipe in the mud and it wouldn't get crushed by passing buckets/diggers.
I'm around the Hope area on Saturday and could pick some up then if thats better

mudmonkey

Sam - alternatively drop it round to Normal's which is just up the road from you (literally - will PM you details).

SamT

its not the roll up flat type of fire hose (45mm) but the solid rubber hose type. its pretty solid stuff so should suffer too much by having people crawl over it (sharp things are not so good)

I can leave some rolls outside the shed at bagger if you want to pick em up on saturday.

Are you going to pump water or air through it ?

kay

Bradford diggers would like some, please. Working out how to collect it from you may take them a little longer to sort.

braveduck

Have you got any fire hose left the BPC Balls diggers would like some please.Can pick up from anywhere any afternoon or evening.
D.B.

SamT

sent kay a PM about this.

I gave what I had left to the SUSS lads.

Someone at the eldon meet last night said they knew of a load of yellow Air hose (the stuff they use between the generator and the pneumatic air drill in noisy roadworks). Its about the same diameter as the fire hose. Its going to end up in a skip if no-one is going to claim any. Im not around this weekend but could sort it out next week.

braveduck

Yes the yellow hose will be fine if you can get it .
If you have some will arrange to collect.
DB BPC

braveduck

Nice to meet you at the weekend Sam T.
Regarding Fire hose ,it sounds as if we have access to all types and sizes.
So our new project should be up and running shortly.

DB  BPC

SamT

Yes - you too. Ta very much.  (y)

Is your new supply from this swap shop thing you mentioned. If so - Id be interested in hearing about it. Just so happens that ive been phoned today with someone wanting about 200 meters of the stuff). Im going to call the guy from Chubb who I've got it off before, but if theres an alternate supply its always worth knowing about).

braveduck

No Sam,it's not from the swap shop, but I will find out details about that and pass them on.
Turns out the fire service has a junk store( junk to them!)and our ex fire officer member has offered to clean it out for them.
There are some very odd sizes so connections will require some ingenuity.
Also I have acquired a very large traffic cone for a funnel!!

Braveduck

cavermark

the firehose we got off you before has been put to good use:

A "Fluxophone" has been installed in both crem and Rana hole (a length of hose with a funnel at each end to allow easy communication between surface and dig face!
(although dan S keeps wanting to play "beer or piss" down it and variations on that theme.

underground

My neighbour's old man is one of the dudes who inspects and replaces Chubb hoses round Sheff, I will tap him up forthwith...

SamT

cavermark said:
the firehose we got off you before has been put to good use:

A "Fluxophone" has been installed in both crem and Rana hole (a length of hose with a funnel at each end to allow easy communication between surface and dig face!

Awesome application. I was very impressed when I heard. Could be used like that as a way of communicating through static sumps if they are regularly free dived. (eg swildons sump one)

(although dan S keeps wanting to play "beer or piss" down it and variations on that theme.

:LOL: