New and need caving buddies

Peacey

Hi guys

I'm newish to caving and wondered if anyone on here has room for another....I have all the kit I need and have done a little rope work down Jug Holes entrance and the shaft into Carlswark but that's it. I want to get out more and get some experience of different caves but the Instructor friend of mine is from Luton and he simply doesn't have the time that I do.

I was told to contact TSG but have sent them numerous emails and they don't reply and my local Torne Valley club is on the verge of splitting up I think and I haven't heard anything from them for a few weeks now.

I'm a 38 and from Doncaster and travel to Derbyshire is quite easy for me. Age and gender not an issue with me either.

Andy

bren

theres clubs up in the dales that would be more  than happy to help out and see you.most have facilities for a weekend away so you could get a couple of trips in without excessive traveling.i'm a bit biased but the CPC/BPC/red rose/black rose/burnley caving clubs all have premises and would welcome new members.look em up - even if its only for  aweekend away there are some good trips to be had

simonsays

I would second what Bren said. I was in a pretty similar position to you when I joined the cpc (Craven potholing club) and have nothing but good things to say about the whole experience. I've caved with loads of great people and had lots of laughs. I'm learning loads as I go along too.

Simon

Peacey

I went through the TSG website and sent the emails to secretary@tsgcaving.co.uk

I have now joined the Chesterfield Caving Club and have been on a few outings now which have been great....Everyone in the club seems friendly and have helped me get sorted on a few bits too.

Thanks for the help though guys I really appreciate it :)