• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Size of UK overlayed on US

Amy

http://www.sarmonster.net/UK.htm

Super cool! So yeah...our caving region is the size of the entire UK prettymuch. :p
Just thought it was fun to share. Whenever we host uk cavers everyone is always shocked at distances. We think nothing of driving a few hours oneway clear across to other side of our caving region for a day trip. Just interesting to note if ya ever visit :)))

graham

Is this anything to do with my comment about Mammoth not getting into the top ten deepest caves on Mendip?  :-\

dunc

Laurie said:
We should be a little further north than that  ::)
Must be global warming  :confused:

I'm not shocked about driving long distances, I don't have time to do it and the bloody excessive cost of fuel makes it shocking in this country!!

Amy

No not at all graham I've just been trying to explain how big the US is to Brit people lately who seem to have no concept. I liked that map because you can drag the UK Around. I don't think it's supposed to be latitude accurate looks like its centered on my brouser to start with pre-drag.

ChrisJC

My take on it is that the UK is very small, and amazingly we can't all manage to get along - viz. Scottish independence, Welsh independence, the Cornish piping up, the Irish problem etc etc.

I don't mind driving across the UK for a caving trip - I drove 4 hours each way a couple of weeks ago, so I think some people do travel outside their region.

Chris.

Les W

simonsays said:
My recent trip to mendip was a 6 hour drive each way.

The queues on the M5 can be murder...  :tease:

(actually, 6 hours from the north east isn't too bad...)

owd git

Amy said:
No not at all graham I've just been trying to explain how big the US is to Brit people lately who seem to have no concept. I liked that map because you can drag the UK Around. I don't think it's supposed to be latitude accurate looks like its centered on my brouser to start with pre-drag.

it's not how big it is that counts Amy. ;)
nor how old eh?:Bograt,
we invented superiority, surely/ ::)  unlike that self belief thing t'other side of t' pond.. :coffee:
O.G.

ah147

To be honest I'm quite disappointed. I thought the USA was (relatively) alot bigger than that! I thought most states were bigger than the UK.

bograt

owd git said:
we invented superiority, surely/ ::)  unlike that self belief thing t'other side of t' pond.. :coffee:
O.G.

We never invented it, it was already ours by right!. :LOL: :LOL: