• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Upstream sump, Bagshawe

SamT

went into baggers last night and in the abscence of any willing volunteers to go into the Hollywood bowl :roll: we went for a look at the upstream sump. This too is very low at the moment.

I had a mask and neoprene hood with me and pushed up stream following the dive lines. I travelled along, floating quite nicely with the air space diminishing to about 2-3 inches. then up again into a small chamber - I called the other lads through. I was disapointed to see the passage then dipped and sumped - the angle was reasonably shallow. I poked my head under for a look. this is the first time Ive used a mask and its great. I could see the dive line streaching out into the distance, poteen on the CDG scale of water clarity.

on the way out we had a go at digging the area that was damming the sump. we probably dropped the level about 8 inches. so it will be interesting to go back and have a look at the results on thursday - if I can get anyone to go. :x