• BCA Finances

An informative discussion

Recently there was long thread about the BCA. I can now post possible answers to some of the questions, such as "Why is the BCA still raising membership prices when there is a significant amount still left in its coffers?"

Click here for more

Wanted: SRT gear

N

neontube

Hi All,

I've now completed a few trips as a new guy to caving and I've defiantly been bitten by the bug.

now after some srt gear, does anyone have any quality used items ?
I'm in need of...

Sit harness
Chest jammer
hand jammer
Petzl stop or equivalent.

Please PM me any details

thanks in advance

Dave

Les W

cap 'n chris said:
Alloymongery, surely.  :coffee:

;)

My maillions are stainless steel and I have some steel krabs, I would suggest ironmongery is ok as a generic term for the metal stuff.  (y)

darren

I'm a bit disappointed with this thread. I was expecting it to degenerate into the usual war about training etc.

N

neontube

cheers for the heads up re. used harness, to be honest if someone offered me one as part of a kit it would only be used as a spare and i'll get a new one anyway.

training.... i'm alright on that one thanks....

any other 'useful' comments ?

Dave

paul

neontube said:
cheers for the heads up re. used harness, to be honest if someone offered me one as part of a kit it would only be used as a spare and i'll get a new one anyway.

Just because it is a spare it doesn't mean you should skimp on safety... I have seen harnesses on EBay such as a Petzl Croll (yes - the harness, not the jammer) which hasn't been on the market for at least 15 years... also a legloop (no waist section) from a Climbing harness advertised as an "SRT harness".

Caveat Emptor.

N

neontube

hi all,

scrub my request, decided to blow some cash and get all new...

New question: best prices on the web...? (i'm lazy, someone else has probs already done the search before)

W

wormster

Inglethieves or Bernies are the best bet, got most of my jangalies from the former and harness* from the latter.

*singing rock torca, its a bit like stella; reasurringly expensive.

BTW get a stainless central maillion not an ally one (ally ones wear owt quicker)