Favorit Tipple

Wolfart

:crazy: I know cavers are sensible drinkers but what is your fav drink,Hot Bovril,jus jokin. Mine is any real ale or summer time zider

bubba

Administrator
Bottled Fullers ESB

I suspect I'd really like the draught ESB but can't find any round here :(

Mrs Trellis

t'George in Castleton does a nice pint of Abbot's. I also had a nice hoppy, spicy bitter from Brecon breweries.

In hot weather (Greek) Mythos usually hits the spot at lunchtime, Greek Amstel in the evening.

Winewise I drink Sainsbury's Reserve St. Marc Sauvignon Blanc with seafood/fish - especially bbqd or deep fried.

Reds - Aldi's Montepulciano d'Abruzzo is great value for steaks, casseroles (I like a cross between Stifadho and Kefalonian meat pie - lots of red wine, rigani, cinnamon, and a filo top), and bbq's. The wine is spicy and sharp. Any of the various Chilean Merlots are also good - even the Tesco, Asda, & Sains own label versions - nice, soft, and chocolatey for under £4. I also drink dry rose's in summer with bbq lighter stuff - lamb chops "paidhakia" and greek salad. There's even a Chilean Merlot rose !!!

Although it's no longer cheap Retsina is always good in hot weather with bbq/deep fried food, particularly if you have tzatziki with the food - as you should.

Another summer tip - try Hungarian Gewurtztraminer for an aperitif. It's said to go well with Chinese food - which I hardly eat. From Asda the Riverview brand is half the price of Alsace wines.

For those wishing to avoid Chardonnay - try a blend with Viognier as in the Chasse du Pape brand from the Cotes du Rhone; or even a 100% Viognier. Apricots rather than peaches and without the oiliness of some Chardonnay.

Right - gotta have some food with all this :LOL:

SamT

Abbeydales Moonshine
Also Kelhams Pale Rider or Easy Rider.

Then of course there is always the legendary Barnsley Bitter from the Red Lion in Litton.

:drink:

D

Dave H

There's not so much choice for the non-drinkers amongst us - although its not much cheaper than the beer.
Mine's a pint of Pineapple and Lemonade.

pisshead

mmm...beer...

Black Sheep (Best or Emmerdale)
Abbot
Young's Chocolate Stout (draught - for some reason the bottled one just tastes weird)

Brendan would be proud of me - less than 3 years ago my answer would have been Malibu and coke! :D

T

tubby two

Abbeydales Moonshine
Also Kelhams Pale Rider or Easy Rider.

Definatley. Belter with curry from cashmir curry centre (the home of great service), just up from the bottom of the wicker in pitsmoor. You just wander across the road with your pint from the east house (the pub with the drive by shooting outside when i was doing my A-levels).... Aaah what a life...

Although this drink thing is a bit tricky, we need defined categories, best dram- bowmore. special reserve if you know someone with too much money.

Hmmmm :wink:

tt.

T

tiggs

Summer = White Wine or Rose Wine- it has to have a particular grape type on the bottle I cant bear "plonk"
Winter = Red wine, Cabernaut Sauvingon Shiraz.. / Merlot that kind of thing.

When trying to get some work done and need a bit of a kick, Vodka and Red Rooster (its a nicer but slightly cheaper version of Red Bull)

When driving its gotta be J20 or Coke (full fat version cant bear Diet Coke!) or grapefruit and lemonade

A while ago a local company used to make alcoholic flavoured spring water (think it was called fetish!) that was quite nice but i am not sure they still make it!

Not too keen on beer - dont mind having the occaisional pint of it but couldnt drink it all night!!

Shhh Dunc dont tell everyone what i normally drink in pubs........(c) :oops:

Stupot

The one and only...........but maily the Middle one :D

welcome_pump.gif

Stu.

SamT

that stuff does strange things to my insides.

We have renamed it up in Derbyshire. Phonetically the same but spelt different.

rich

My favourite drink would be any one I haven't tried yet (a choice that's rapidly diminishing). Looking forward to trying perry at Glastonbury.

G

George North

Hmm, I have many favorite drinks, but here is a selection of some of the finest pints:

Dent Brewery T'owd Tup in the £$£Marton Arms$£$ - Superb on a winter evening.
Dent Brewery Kamikaze in the Sun at Dent.
TT Landlord in the Masons Arms at Strawberry Bank.
Butcombe Gold in the Helwith Bridge.
Jenning's Crag Rat in the Red Lion? in Kirby Lonsdale.
Fraoch in the Clachaig.
Durham Brewery Bede's Gold in the Woodman in Durham.
Some very strong stuff in the Watermill at Ings - dynamite!

All washed down with some Lagavullin!

Think I need to go to the Pub........
:)

M

Melanie lloyd

My good friend Cap'n Chris once bought me a lovely drink for my 40th birthday. Can't remember what it was called but it had tia maria and bailiey's in it. It was delicious, like a coffee flavoured ice cream, but much stronger. Chris, if your reading this, i'll be up to do Shatter on June the 19th which, quite by chance, just so happens to be my birthday. :D

Wolfart

firstly youve never looked 40 an i luv yer lots,dont tell andy jus jokin ,but what was you drikin at a certain garden party in cheddar/ which the dog lapped up ,hopefully i might see you down at the gower. daughter wedding plans comes first. p.s. luv yer avetar like mine its original

M

Melanie lloyd

AWW.... Wolf with compliments like that i'm going to allow you to buy me a drink any time you like just don't make it the stuff that the dog lapped up that night. I hope you do come to Gower, tell your daughter it's a great place for a honeymoon.

Remember Wolf, i've seen your original art work and its almost certainly a womans whotsit! But i think our avatars look very nice next to each other. :LOL:

T

tubby two

that stuff does strange things to my insides.

We have renamed it up in Derbyshire. Phonetically the same but spelt different.

Just so happens to get the same name up here in toon army land....
tt.