Caving is for many different types & ages of people

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronaldjprice

Caving can be simple, from a walk in look around and walk out cave, it can be for explorers & adrenalin junkies , it can be hard or easy or mostly someware in the middle.
There is no upper age limit our club has quite a group of "silver cavers" or "coffin dodgers"and the lower one varies with clubs but I have seen two year old`s wandering along Kingsdale Master Cave with their parents.
Perhaps sometimes we get a little to involved with the equipment and methods of use and forget that someone whom is looking at caving for the very first time may well be put off by all the techie stuff & really all they want is a reassuring guide into the amazing and varied world that is caving.
So having tried a little caving myself the best advise I can give is Join a good club.
Most good clubs have experienced cavers whom are willing to take someone old or young male or female & I personally have taken a chap whom had quite severe disability`s (stroke/paraliss) caving.
Most good clubs will lend you the equipment required for your first foray underground and indeed for a few more trips while you can acquire your own kit.
You need not worry about knots or rope or being stuck or whatever your fear as you will have the company of experienced cavers.
You should instantly receive third party insurance In know you do for your first few trips with Crewe Climbing & Pothole Club this costs ?5 and lasts for 3 weeks and is deductable from the cost of insurance should you join the club. No membership charges are made untill you decide if you want to join you just pay ?5 for temporary insurance.
So my advise is not what to do or buy but simply ask a club to take you underground once or twice then you will be able to make up your own mind.
I am very happy with my club CCPC which by the way don't climb & are not just for people whom live in Crewe.
As we have members in Bolton, Burnley, Crewe, China & all over the place really.
If you want to take your first steps into the underground world of wonder you could contact www.ccpc.org.uk

But who ever you chose to help you on your way to being a caver remember we were all in your position once.
Happy caving
Ron
a member of
www.ccpc.org.uk (y)

ronaldjprice

ronaldjprice said:
Caving can be simple, from a walk in look around and walk out cave, it can be for explorers & adrenalin junkies , it can be hard or easy or mostly someware in the middle.
There is no upper age limit our club has quite a group of "silver cavers" or "coffin dodgers"and the lower one varies with clubs but I have seen two year old`s wandering along Kingsdale Master Cave with their parents.
Perhaps sometimes we get a little to involved with the equipment and methods of use and forget that someone whom is looking at caving for the very first time may well be put off by all the techie stuff & really all they want is a reassuring guide into the amazing and varied world that is caving.
So having tried a little caving myself the best advise I can give is Join a good club.
Most good clubs have experienced cavers whom are willing to take someone old or young male or female & I personally have taken a chap whom had quite severe disability`s (stroke/paraliss) caving.
Most good clubs will lend you the equipment required for your first foray underground and indeed for a few more trips while you can acquire your own kit.
You need not worry about knots or rope or being stuck or whatever your fear as you will have the company of experienced cavers.
You should instantly receive third party insurance In know you do for your first few trips with Crewe Climbing & Pothole Club this costs ?5 and lasts for 3 weeks and is deductable from the cost of insurance should you join the club. No membership charges are made untill you decide if you want to join you just pay ?5 for temporary insurance.
So my advise is not what to do or buy but simply ask a club to take you underground once or twice then you will be able to make up your own mind.
I am very happy with my club CCPC which by the way don't climb & are not just for people whom live in Crewe.
As we have members in Bolton, Burnley, Crewe, China & all over the place really.
If you want to take your first steps into the underground world of wonder you could contact www.ccpc.org.uk

But who ever you chose to help you on your way to being a caver remember we were all in your position once.
Happy caving
Ron
a member of
www.ccpc.org.uk

Why do you need to post the title in CAPS? why do you want to know
; (y)
[/quote]

Christian_Chourot

Probably because 4 out of his 5 posts have been adverts, so why stop there? Might as well format it like spam too.

:spank:

And I think he probably wants to know because it's his forum.

ronaldjprice

Dear administrator, If you like the post I have taken the time to write and post so much you feel like adding to it please do or email me and I will write one especially for you.
Regards
Ron

bubba

Administrator
Surely if you're promoting your website you know enough about online etiquette to know that it's considered rude to post titles in caps.

But anyway, since you're trying to be a smartass about it i'm locking this topic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.