Hardrawkin Pot

adamski555

On another midweek day off,we decided to do another SRT trip.The trip we picked was Hardrawkin Pot.I have never seen the water so low ,with only a little trickle on the pitches.The first pitch is an excellent shaft.Pity the second is not longer.I hear there is another 30m pitch beyond the sump.I bet not many people have been down that pitch.Underground for a couple of hours all in all an excellent trip.

langcliffe

adamski555 said:
I hear there is another 30m pitch beyond the sump.

You're probably right, but I was under the impression that there are three relatively short sumps followed by 300 metres of fairly small canyon passage which include some climbs and a couple of short pitches which increase the total depth of the system by some 30 metres.

langcliffe

langcliffe said:
You're probably right, but I was under the impression that there are three relatively short sumps followed by 300 metres of fairly small canyon passage which include some climbs and a couple of short pitches which increase the total depth of the system by some 30 metres.

Rather than rely on memory (which at my age is dubious to say the least), I've gone back to the original dive reports. The first two sumps are longer than I remember being reported - 135 m and 45 m respectively, separated by 50 m of passage. The third sump is just 3 m long. This is followed by a 12 m pitch into 200 m of "narrow, meandering cherty streamway to a second pitch of 12 m, followed by a couple of free-climbs down a hading rift to the terminal sump.

There is about 500 m beyond the end of the traditional cave, and a further 30 m of depth.

seddon

Rick has the survey (notes, at least) but I don't remember it getting into print anywhere. Interesting dry passage, but pity about the first sump...

If you've got a line survey, I'll add it to the Ingleborough compilation on CaveMaps.org. 500m will take it most of the way down to the valley.

HardrawkinScreenshot.jpg