• Lost hearing aid in Swildons Hole

Lost 29/09/2022 very near the entrance, probably the first climb down.

Please keep an eye out!

More details here

Recent content by Cantclimbtom

1. Cantclimbtom

AditNow vanished?

A Phoenix from the ashes! I got logged out some time ago :( but can still use it's search facility which is Fan-*******-tastic! Don't know if you read this Simon? ... THANK YOU!
  2. Cantclimbtom

AditNow vanished?

Yes, I see the same. At least that's a reply from a webserver of some sort and not a "buy this domain" type message, so it could be worse. I'm not sure how useful speculation is, I mean this could be redirecting to a new hosting just before some grand opening like a phoenix from ashes or it...
  3. Cantclimbtom

Help needed! Corris Uchaf Slate Mine (North Wales)

Yes, that book is a treasure trove. Doesn't have much in the way of plans/surveys but does list names and grid ref for *mostly* all the slate quarries. I recommend checking https://www.moorebooks.co.uk/ for things like that
  4. Cantclimbtom

Most important item... Screwfix sell a hard hat for £4.99, or borrow a climbing or caving helmet. The roof can have fangs of rock. I slipped and stumbled forwards and whacked my head hard enough to take a chunk out of a helmet. No helmet and that'd be a fractured skull for sure! Have a good...
  5. Cantclimbtom

Gaewern Slate Quarry is across from it, the "binoculars" quarry is Abercwmeiddaw and nearby Just to get you started... read this, there's some great background info there: https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/abercwmeiddaw-slate-quarry-corris-uchaf-north-west-wales-july-2021.130122/
  6. Cantclimbtom

Visiting Eldon Hole

Thank you!
  7. Cantclimbtom

Visiting Eldon Hole

Apologies for more daft questions but I notice the rigging guide says 55m rope, but the Micro Guide states 45m is required. I'd probably be there with a 60m but if I had to chose a different route down the main hole due to other parties and I needed to re-juggle which rope to use where - please...
  8. Cantclimbtom

Visiting Eldon Hole

Does the pic above look to others like a naked lady with golden hair doing a huge amount of sparkly poo? Asking for a friend. .
  9. Cantclimbtom

Visiting Eldon Hole

Thank you! Wow... never seen pics of the pretties before, that is very pretty/decorated indeed!
  10. Cantclimbtom

Visiting Eldon Hole

Thank You!
  11. Cantclimbtom

Visiting Eldon Hole

Please may I ask several fairly daft question, about the newly re-instated pull through and also Eldon hole in general (yes I did read the mini guide and rigging topo on PDCi before posting this) 1) The pull through up to Miller's - I'm wondering about what's at the top and so how to attach...
  12. Cantclimbtom

Camping on NRW land, complaint received by CAL

Oh no! I hope they don't ban overnight parking at Pont ar Elan. Otherwise where would you park to stay at https://www.mountainbothies.org.uk/bothies/wales/lluest-cwmbach/
  13. Cantclimbtom

https://www.metro.co.uk/2022/07/28/wales-still-lit-barbecue-found-in-beauty-spot-at-risk-of-fire-17083040/amp/ Unfortunately, Gwydir hasn't escaped the idiots with problems even recently, so not surprised that it's being patrolled
  14. Cantclimbtom

I struggle with B&B as I might turn up late, or return at some strange hour, so I try to stay at hotels that have 24 hour reception.. In the past I've turned up with a mate totally filthy, wet and ragged at 03:00 at Porthmadog Travelodge to check into our rooms for a 1 night stay and the night...
  15. Cantclimbtom

My work colleague did a sort of NC500 a couple of weeks ago as a family holiday, but more intelligently because he didn't stick to some exact tick-list mentality so he missed a section and saw what he wanted and spent some time on Skye instead, nor did he try to get round at speed like the...