• Lost hearing aid in Swildons Hole

Lost 29/09/2022 very near the entrance, probably the first climb down.

Please keep an eye out!

More details here

Recent content by JasonC

1. JasonC

Cryptic caves

You got it RM ! Take it away....
  2. JasonC

A Day in the Life of a Digger/Photographer

I like the artful arrangement of ladders in top row, third picture. A future submission for the Turner Prize?
  3. JasonC

Cryptic caves

haha - I hadn't noticed! I can't count either :)
  4. JasonC

Cryptic caves

Try this then... Hot? Just apply ointment at Australian cross-roads (8, 8)
  5. JasonC

Cryptic caves

Hardrawkin Pot :)
  6. JasonC

Methods of protecting in-situ ropes from unwanted usage

All of this makes perfect sense, but you might find that folk are reluctant to own up to leaving rigging in place because of a) attracting flak for cluttering up a pitch/rigging it 'badly' etc, b) being held liable by a caver's family/insurance company if they came to grief on a rope you'd left...
  7. JasonC

PVC Patch Material

If you ask at your local garden centre, you might get some pond liner offcuts for nowt. It's waterproof (of course) but might need roughening a bit with sandpaper to help it stick.
  8. JasonC

Cryptic caves

Yes, guessed it was an anagram, yes, thought second word was HOLE. No, I still have no idea... HERONWAIT FELL ? HONWELLIE FART? Either that or it's in some obscure foreign language - like Welsh?
  9. JasonC

Scanty Lardos - why?

Having enjoyed a good trip down there last night, I have to ask 'why?' - why is it called that, I mean? I've had a quick Google, and watched Joe Mellor's excellent video on its discovery, but am none the wiser. And while we're at it, why 'Ann Summer's passage'? It's a fun passage but not in...
  10. JasonC

Documentary about the big rescue from OFD last November

See the link above to Trapped: 54 Hours underground - 12 minutes interview, mainly of George and Hywel, and his eyebrows. Echo the comments on the main 'Rescue' programme - it was really well made and told a great story, even appreciated by me non-caving wife!
  11. JasonC

Ibbeth Peril to Upper Hackergill

Good video - brings the description to life, and I liked the choice of music.
  12. JasonC

Overhand Knot (on the bight) in Cows Tails.

Thanks all for your salutary tales. Good to know that falls onto CTs are fairly rare events.
  13. JasonC

Overhand Knot (on the bight) in Cows Tails.

An interesting thread, which has caused me to check my cowstails - and re-tie them - which I was not in the habit of doing... But it led me to wonder - how often has anyone actually taken a fall onto their cowstails? Obviously I don't count their use in standard (or even non-standard) SRT...
  14. JasonC

Foxup Beck Cave

Thanks for that Dave, it sort of answers one of my questions!. I couldn't find this journal online, but anyway I was really after some more recent information, if it exists.
  15. JasonC

Cryptic caves

That's the one RM :) PT being the boundary of PoT, geddit? Maybe some inside knowledge helped...? Take it away!