• Hello From Descent

The publication date for issue 289 is the 10th of December, meaning subscribers should receive their copies during the week leading up to that date. It is also available from caving suppliers such as Inglesport and Starless River, or from our new website

New Descent board here:

Kendal film festival underground night

JoshW

Is there gonna be one? Who’s lined up for it?

Being anti-wetherspoons (f*** tim Martin - knobhead?) proposing a post talk session 🍺 in the clock tower, directly next door, closer to the town hall.

rm128

Being anti-wetherspoons (f*** tim Martin - knobhead?) proposing a post talk session 🍺 in the clock tower, directly next door, closer to the town hall.
You'd be better off going the other direction, i.e. uphill from Wetherspoons, away from the Town Hall. It's a steep hill, but at the top of the steep section (Beast Banks) you'll find the Riflemans Arms on the right, opposite the green. It's only a 5 minute walk from Wetherspoons. Always a warm welcome from Mel & Paul and a decent range of beers.

petecaves

You'd be better off going the other direction, i.e. uphill from Wetherspoons, away from the Town Hall. It's a steep hill, but at the top of the steep section (Beast Banks) you'll find the Riflemans Arms on the right, opposite the green. It's only a 5 minute walk from Wetherspoons. Always a warm welcome from Mel & Paul and a decent range of beers.
Absolutely this.

EvilStu

I have 2 tickets for the Feature Film - A Crack in the Mountain. Its on this Saturday evening in Kendal. Its sold out now, so your last chance to go.
I unfortunately can't make it now. Tickets were £15 plus booking fee, if you donate £15 (or more!) to CRO they can both be yours by email - eticket.