ukcaving.com Flickr group

bubba

Administrator
Ok, i've created a Flickr group to complement this site.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/ukcaving

It's not in any way trying to compete with any of the other caving / mine exploration groups already on Flickr, but is just there in case you want to conveniently share your pics with other forum members.

Access is open so anyone can join.
 

Lu

New member
Thanks for the help.
I have uploaded some pics to the caving group too.
hope we get loads more as we don't have many in the forum. ;)
 

footleg

New member
There are some excellent pictures in there now! Great stuff.

I manage the cave photography webring http://m.webring.com/hub?ring=cavephotography which aims to provide links between cave (and any other underground) photography websites. I've already had a request from another flickr group to add the group page to the webring, but there does not appear to be any way to add the webring navigator code into a flickr page. I could maybe do something with frames, to place the navigator in a footer with the flickr page above, but I would have to host that frame based page somewhere. Let me know if you are interested in having the flickr group page added to the webring and we can look into sorting something if there is interest.
 

spikey

New member
Flickr's website has suddenly started showing a "skull and crossbones" over the main site logo.

Anyone aware if this is normal, or has the site been hacked by "pirates"  :confused:

Or is it just me and my account?
 

Cave_Troll

Active member
That be 'cause its "international talk like a pirate day"
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Q : Why are pirates called pirates?
A : they just ARRRRR
 

bubba

Administrator
footleg said:
There are some excellent pictures in there now! Great stuff.

I manage the cave photography webring http://m.webring.com/hub?ring=cavephotography which aims to provide links between cave (and any other underground) photography websites. I've already had a request from another flickr group to add the group page to the webring, but there does not appear to be any way to add the webring navigator code into a flickr page. I could maybe do something with frames, to place the navigator in a footer with the flickr page above, but I would have to host that frame based page somewhere. Let me know if you are interested in having the flickr group page added to the webring and we can look into sorting something if there is interest.

Fine to add it by me - i don't think you'll ever be able to add custom code to Flickr itself, but you can probably drag in Flickr groups in an iframe or by using the Flickr api. Not looked at it any further though, i'm pretty new to Flickr altogether. I wasn't taken by Flickr for a while until I realise what a bargain their paid service is. I now have all my digital photos backed up online for ?12 p year which seems very reasonable indeed.
 

bubba

Administrator
The front page now displays a slideshow of images from the Flickr group, rather than my rather crap images from Bagshawe Cavern.
 

Rob

Well-known member
Liking he front page, especially as it seems to have sparked a bit more interest in adding pics to the ukCaving flickr group.  (y)

Not sure if it's possible, but if the photo's flicked through in random order, rather than last uploaded order, then we'd get to see some of the older shots a bit more often.  :confused:
 

Elaine

Active member
There are some spectacular photos in there. There is even one of Whitelackington!! (Nice scarf W/L!)
 

bubba

Administrator
Rob said:
Not sure if it's possible, but if the photo's flicked through in random order, rather than last uploaded order, then we'd get to see some of the older shots a bit more often.  :confused:
I'm pretty sure this isn't possible I'm afraid :(
 

footleg

New member
Cave_Troll said:
can you cheat by removing your photos from the group then readding them?

Probably, but you would lose any comments and viewing stats for those pictures in Flickr.

Far better to just keep adding new photos so you always have some near the front of the slideshow  :)
 

Glenn

New member
It's probably just me, but, how do you link to the UK Caving group. I have set myself up with 4 images, but, whilst I'm showing as a member of the UK Caving Flickr group, none of my images are listed with the other UK Caving images.

Many thanks,

Glenn
 

Rob

Well-known member
Glenn said:
It's probably just me, but, how do you link to the UK Caving group. I have set myself up with 4 images, but, whilst I'm showing as a member of the UK Caving Flickr group, none of my images are listed with the other UK Caving images.

Many thanks,

Glenn
Open up the picture in Flickr. Just above the pic are a load of links. Click the second on the left ("Send to Group") and then select UkCaving.
 
Top