• The 6th and final winning ticket has been redrawn again - number 207

    Check your ticket - if you won, claim your prize!

    The sixth prize to be drawn is the Mountain Equipment Lhotse Goretex Jacket

    Click here to claim

Leaving lids off shafts, North Pennines

Jagman

New member
For the second time in the last year a deep shaft (not the same one on both occasions) has been opened up and left un-covered in this area.
Understandably locals and landowners are less than impressed.
Fortunately this time I have not been blamed :?

The shaft in question is approximately 250 feet in depth and is next to the road in a well travelled area, quite a lot of damage was caused un-necessarily (steel lid was easily lifted with a bit of thought).

I don't think for a moment that anybody on here is foolish enough to leave a shaft un-covered, but can I ask that we all remind our fellow cavers to tread softly and leave thing as they find them and in a safe condition.

Secondly, if you want to know where a shaft goes try asking? :lol: I know where this shaft goes and is on the list to try, unfortunately it is likely that it will now be secured permanently :cry:
 
Back
Top