David Rose

At the BCA AGM yesterday, I was shocked to discover that only 8 per cent of BCA members get the newsletter (which I edit). The GDPR does mean you have to opt in, but please do so - it does mean you will never miss it.

Meanwhile, (with apologies) I forgot to post the link tot he latest one here. So it's below. Meanwhile, great news that Pegasus (aka Jane Allen) is the new BCA Publications and Information officer. So my boss, I suppose.

http://british-caving.org.uk/wiki3/doku.php?id=news_events:may18

ali_mac

How do you opt in?  I do not seem to have received a GDPR e-mail from the BCA, however it could have got lost in the 9-million others...

Cookie

To sign up for the Newsletter to be emailed directly to you, you need to register at BCA Online then opt-in to receiving the Newsletter.

To do so just visit www.tinyurl.com/BCAemail and follow the instructions.  :sneaky:

Ian Adams

I have tried to do this (Thank you David and Cookie) but, it appears, that by agreeing to receive the BCA newsletter I am also agreeing to receive volumes of "junk mail" from 3rd parties.

Is there a way to just receive the BCA newsletter rather then a squillion PPI offers as well?

(Or have done it wrong?)

:-\

Ian

Cookie

Hi Ian,

No, there is no separate tick.

You would be signing up for "You are giving permission for BCA to send you email that BCA thinks is of general interest to its members including emails promoting its own and third party events and services. E.g. links to BCA publications such as the Newsletter and Speleology, event announcements, product safety warnings, access updates, insurance, etc."

That basically describes what might be in the Newsletter. So far as I can recall we've not sent anything on that list as a separate mailshot. I'm not saying we won't in the future but undoubtedly the volume will be very low.

Anything sent will only come from BCA but it might contain information from a 3rd party.

Ian Adams

Cool,

So no 5 squillion offers to help a rich Arab's nephew stuck in Outer Mongolia, no 6 squillion offers of a loan at a competitive rate of 1234% per annum, No more millions of offers for cheaper car insurance and, I presume, the Russian chick who is hounding me for pictures will stop too?

Pretty good  ;)

Thanks  ;)

Ian

alastairgott

What you mean you don't want a "lonely elegant dame searching for a considerate Caucasian lover who is not younger than thirty" all you have to do is "text me to [email address] and I will transmit my pics. Good luck"