Author Topic: The Derbyshire Caver  (Read 681 times)

Offline mch

• obsessive maniac
The Derbyshire Caver
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:25:14 pm »
Some of you may have noticed (or maybe not!) that there has been no Summer issue of The Derbyshire Caver this year  :o. This is solely due to my having virtually no material to publish  :weep:. I would hate to have to miss another edition, so please, all you Peak District cavers out there, send me something that I can print!  :bow:

Mike Higgins
DCA Editor & publications Officer

Offline Iain

Re: The Derbyshire Caver
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 08:59:19 pm »
That's terrible. I remember when I was editor that sometimes I had to hunt for content but if the folks caving in Derbyshire just sent some stuff in occasionally it would be great. You can't produce a publication without stuff to publish. Don't beat yourself up about it mate.

Offline Pete K

• Pete Knight
  • forum hero
  • Peak Instruction, DCMC, DCA, PICA, TSG, DCRO
    • Peak Instruction
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 09:26:30 pm »
Mike, Alan B has just finished a job for DCA, tap him up for a write up!
Nothing from me for a bit as I have been busy with work and now have been hit by a bloody car today.

Offline alastairgott

• QWERTY abusing
  • forum hero
  • Live in Hope, Die in a Vein
    • CURB Hope Valley Parking Restrictions
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 09:30:08 pm »
Hit by a car?!? What happened?

You said 40mph into your arm, sounds serious. But your ok?

Offline Pete K

• Pete Knight
  • forum hero
  • Peak Instruction, DCMC, DCA, PICA, TSG, DCRO
    • Peak Instruction
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 10:31:13 pm »
OT but I can do Mike a write up if he likes!
Car hit my van as I was next to it and the van side door hit into me and flung me into verge. Amazed nothing broken, as were the A&E guys. Coppers recon at least 40mph impact. Just my luck to be hit by my own van parked legally on the straightest bit of road for miles! Other lady off to hosp in ambulance so no idea what she's like, hope okay. It'll all heal at my end and stuff can be replaced. Shame, I really liked that van, but it's a write off.

Offline royfellows

• forum hero
    • mineexplorer.com
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 10:42:01 pm »
More people seem to be driving without looking where they are going, phones, satnavs and other toys etc possibly

I was hit from behind while stationary making a proper right hand turn, car a write off. Third car to be written off while stationary. I always seem to do OK out of the the other drivers insurers though. This last time they gave me a newly new Hyundai i40 for 6 weeks until I found a replacement car.
Both of the last two "I never saw you" jobs.

Not so lucky with 3 cars struck and damaged while parked and me not even in attendance.
"You are not consumers, you are the product" Google and Facebook, 'Masters of the Universe'

Offline mch

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 10:59:37 am »
Mike, Alan B has just finished a job for DCA, tap him up for a write up!
Nothing from me for a bit as I have been busy with work and now have been hit by a bloody car today.

Thanks Pete, I'll have a word with Alan. Sorry to hear about your accident, sounds like you were extremely lucky!

Offline paul

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Orpheus CC, NPC
    • Orpheus Caving Club
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 12:07:45 pm »
That's terrible. I remember when I was editor that sometimes I had to hunt for content but if the folks caving in Derbyshire just sent some stuff in occasionally it would be great. You can't produce a publication without stuff to publish. Don't beat yourself up about it mate.

Same here. It's difficult getting a newsletter out with no contributions... (I was editor before Mike took over).
I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are missing!