• The 6th and final winning ticket number is 558

    Check your ticket - if you won, claim your prize!

    The sixth prize to be drawn is the Mountain Equipment Lhotse Goretex Jacket

    Click here to claim

  • Welcome to our new forum members!

    Stay with us after the competition is over.

    Don't drift away to only using the billionaire techbro platforms. UKC is so much more than winning a prize! 20+ years of combined caver knowledge. UKC - the cavers' online community.

    Click here for more

Charterhouse Blackmoor Reserve 3d Model & Survey

mucus

New member
I come from a caving family but personally I spend most of my time underwater. Underwater I did a lot of 3d photogrammetry until a helicopter ride this summer caused a dry spell - so I decided to buy a UAV.
I have had 2 UAVs end up in the water and realise they are not the best tool for underwater photogrammetry so have had a play with some topside photogrammetry instead. Growing up on Mendip I know of no better place to see contrasting topography than Charterhouse, so I scanned it.

The 3d model can be found here: https://skfb.ly/6DnB8

I am currently processing some Digital Elevation Models showing altitude and slopes. I will upload these as and when they are complete.
 
Unfortunately I had to decimate the mesh from just under 16m faces to 8.5m faces to get it within the file size limit for Sketchfab
 
Back
Top