• Descent 298 publication date

Our June/July issue will be published on Saturday 8 June

Now with four extra pages as standard. If you want to receive it as part of your subscription, make sure you sign up or renew by Monday 27 May.

Click here for more

Video editor

grahams

Nothing beats Windows Movie Maker. I can email a copy to you if give me your address. It runs perfectly under Win 10.

ZombieCake

Davinci Resolve is free  https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/  recently got myself a copy I'm slowly getting my head round.  They have lots of nice hardware stuff as well.

grahams

Thanks for the tip ZombieCake. I've just had a quick play with the editor - looks excellent. At first sight, the other end of the complexity scale to Windows Movie Maker though.

Groundhog

Sorry for the delay in replying. I won't bore you with the reasons.
Thanks for the response so far. I am having a look at Davinci and Grahams I have sent a pm.
Cheers.

aricooperdavis

There are quite a few good free options out there, but you tend to get "freemium" crap if you Google "free video editors". Instead search for "Open source video editors" and you'll get a lot more decent options.

I've only used one of these, OpenShot, and found the UI fairly intuitive. It uses ffmpeg, a command line video editor, as it's base so is pretty powerful. I'd recommend it :)