Author Topic: BCA Council meeting 4th April 2020  (Read 283 times)

Offline BCA Secretary

  • player
  • **
  • Posts: 108
BCA Council meeting 4th April 2020
« on: March 31, 2020, 05:50:36 pm »
Hello everyone

I'm sure this is of no surprise, but the BCA Council meeting planned for this Saturday, 4th April has been cancelled.

Despite this, and 'agenda' was still published, and in place of a face to face meeting, the BCA Executive reviewed the action items and progressed a few items on behalf of BCA Council, while conducting an email poll on a few of the other more complex/expensive proposals. One of the items was relating to the Welsh Government's decision to exclude caving from their review of countryside access (see the 'Stop Press' in the recent newsletter). Did BCA Council support the recommendation of our Conservation and Access Committee to progress to the PAP stage of a Judicial Review of this decision? I can confirm that this received huge support from BCA Council, and so this is now with the C&A team to progress.

Reports from all the Officers and Appointees were also gathered and these, along with the 'agenda' have been published here:

https://british-caving.org.uk/wiki3/doku.php?id=about:documents:council_meetings:start

Therefore if anyone is interested in what the BCA has been up to over the past three months then have a read through the various reports. I appreciate that for some, not even self-isolation will generate sufficient boredom for this, but I know lots of you are interested... even if you won't admit it!  ;D

The AGM/Party weekend for June is looking extremely likely to be cancelled; all predictions remain that restrictions on travel will continue until June at the earliest, however a final decision and announcement will be made next week. This will of course lead into constitutionally uncharted territory, which will certainly keep me entertained until the pubs reopen.

Matt Ewles
 


 

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search