Help needed on new environmental survey.

hadkey

Hi there,

I'm posting on here on behalf of Grangers as we would love your support in a new enviromental survey - the Wear & Care Survey -  https://grangers.co.uk/pages/survey.

As our news feeds, wardrobes and lives fill with the latest sustainable, environmentally-friendly, ethical kit, we want to know what has happened to your ?old favourite?. We want to find out how many of us are doing our bit to make our clothes last longer, and if we are doing all we can to repair before we replace. As it stands nearly a third of clothes in UK households haven?t been worn in the past 12 months, and a shocking ?140 million goes straight to landfill every year. Ensuring our gear is in action for longer helps to minimise our impact on the environment - an extra nine months of active use could reduce an individual garment?s carbon, water and waste footprints by as much as 30%.

The Wear & Care Survey looks at how we use and repair outdoor gear, and the importance we place on sustainability. The survey is open to everyone and can be completed in just 10 minutes here - https://grangers.co.uk/pages/survey

We want to take this as far as we can and make sure as many sports and disciplines as possible are well represented in the results. We will be using the data to measure the impact of aftercare as well as creating a benchmark from which the outdoor industry can move forward.

Thank you for reading!

PeteHall

Three questions.

1. Does caving count as outside?
2. Does an oversuit count as a waterproof jacket?
3. Do wellies count as walking/ hiking boots?

TheBitterEnd

hadkey said:
The Wear & Care Survey looks at how we use and repair outdoor gear,

I don't think you could begin to imagine the extent to which some oversuits get repaired, I'm sure some are more than 50% patches  ;)

cavemanmike

I've kayaked, climbed, hiked and caved over my lifetime and caving is by far the most frugal community on the planet. You've only got to read some of the posts on ukc