Author Topic: Jug holes info  (Read 1717 times)

Offline benshannon

• addict
  • NUCC
Re: Jug holes info
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2020, 10:22:18 am »
At the top of the flow stone near the Shrine there's a tight potential way on with watwr flowing down it. Would be interesting to know where that goes and where the water originates from

Offline Fishes

• addict
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2020, 12:30:58 pm »
Our dig that was trashed was in the chamber between the 4th and 5th water caverns. Its on the right as you enter from the 5th water cavern and was heading under the floor of the 4th water cavern. Doug Nash dug there in the 1950's and I continued it after reopening the adit and putting in the oil drum entrance in the early 1980's.

I was also  gigging at the back of the 5th water cavern which is when our tools were stolen. this was in the base of a pitch the back right hand corner which still has potential.

I m of the opinion that much of the old mans workings were below the currently known system,

Offline Fishes

• addict
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2020, 12:49:15 pm »
At the top of the flow stone near the Shrine there's a tight potential way on with watwr flowing down it. Would be interesting to know where that goes and where the water originates from

There re  couple of potential sites in this area but it would be very difficult to dig them without causing more damage to the flowstone and potentially disturbing the significant  bat colony.

These flowstone slopes were once white and much more beautiful but have suffered partly due to thoughtless cavers but also when fluorspar mining in the 1950's changed the location of the surface sink diverting some of the flow away from the beehive slopes.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search