Query about a dig in the Ribblehead area

Pitlamp

If anyone recognises this as your dig (done at some stage during 2020, I think) please can you send me a PM? Just wanted to share information as it's in an area of interest to us.

(Have tried to make enquiries with likely candidates but no-one seems to know who has been active here. It may be the diggers want to stay under the radar for now, in which case please would folk avoid posting where they think it is? This really isn't intended as a "Wezzit". Thanks.)

Attachments

• SAM_0704.JPG
    SAM_0704.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 348

Pitlamp

No - but we were once emerging from a cave and noticed a smell of petrol so bad that we put our carbide lights out - and found a brand new car upside down in the shakehole as we got out!

Pie Muncher

This, perhaps?
https://whiterosepotholeclub.com/2019/09/21/the-secret-seven-go-digging-at-ribblehead-by-phil-ryder/

Pitlamp

Thanks but no - I'm in contact with most of those folks and go caving with some of them on occasions. They were among the first people I asked.

Pitlamp

I'm very grateful to the 4 or 5 folk who have kindly sent PMs with suggestions but, so far, all were barking up the wrong tree I'm afraid. I guess the ultimate default is that I could name the cave on this board but I'd rather not do, just in case those involved don't really want it publicising. Happy to hang on for a while but please do get in touch if this is your site.

Pitlamp

Pie Muncher said:
Is it in the same field as Fault Pot?

Thanks - but no; Fault Pot's in Chapel-le-Dale (unless something else has been found recently and given the same name in the Ribblehead area). But this really isn't intended as a "Wezzit"; I just hoped that the folk involved would quietly contact me by PM.

Pitlamp

Thanks to the person who got in touch most recently; this query is now sorted.

(Post above slightly amended, with thanks to Mikem for pointing out my abysmal spelling. In my defence, it is early Sunday morning!)