Hull pot

Duck ditch

Judging by a grass tide line. It looks like the Hull Pot lake over spilled probably a couple of weeks ago.  Don?t suppose anyone has any pictures?  Best I?ve seen was about 2 to 3 metres lower.

Pitlamp

Thanks for flagging this up - I bet it was during the intense rainfall during the small hours of Monday 2nd November. (My gauge, at low level, had collected 63 mm in the 24 hours to 06-30.) This amount of rain, on the tail end of an already wet week, hadn't really been expected and it caught many of us out. As the flood peak was overnight, it seems unlikely anyone will have been lucky enough to have captured this one on camera. By the way, Hurtle and Jingle Pots (Chapel-le-Dale) also overflowed in the same weather event, also inferred from the grass afterwards.

Out of interest, how wide would you say the strip of flattened grass was, down valley from Hull Pot?

Incidentally there is a detailed account of Hull Pot overspilling in a certain book published in 2017 - but I'm sure you're already aware of that.

Duck ditch

Not very far.  Less than 20 metres.  It?s surprising how much of a lake it must be.  Especially on the right as you approach.  It has to rise about 2metres from the start of the climb down in that corner.  I don?t know if anybody has had a proddle in the shallow valley below hill pot but they seem to take any water that manages to spill over fairly quickly.