Caving shop query

Pitlamp

Can anyone point me at a caving gear supplier which stocks Beaver wetsuit products?

(Yes, I know I can deal direct with Beaver but I specifically interested in shops which are Beaver dealers.)

Thanks.

Pitlamp

Thanks Benfool but they don't list the specific item I'm interested in.

But you may be able to help further - is the Bernie's caving shop completely separate from the Bernie's cafe business, or is it run by the same people? If the latter I'll call in and ask. (They weren't open this morning when I went past.)

Pitlamp

Thanks; that confirms what I thought.

I'll email them with my query.

Still interested in any other caving shops that sell Beaver stuff, if anyone else has any alternative suggestions?

Pitlamp

Yes - thanks - but they don't seem to list many actual caving shops.

For example I couldn't immediately spot the (reincarnation of the) Bernies Cafe caving shop yet I know they are a dealer.

mikem

It could be that they aren't listed due to not having a shop front (or may not order enough stock). They are now based in Devon.

Everybody on the list appears to be a dive or watersports venue (which is their main business).

Up & under in Cardiff is the only other store stocking caving kit (that you may not know of), but they don't list Beaver.

Pitlamp

Um - no, they don't have what I'm interested in.

So . . . still hoping for further answers from forum members re caving shop Beaver dealers.

JoshW

the list of Beaver dealerships on their website, doesn't appear to list any caving shops. Quite a few in the North though.

Pitlamp

Yes; Tony only sells Warmbac stuff apparently. Mind you, I'll ask him next time paths cross.

Pitlamp

JoshW said:
the list of Beaver dealerships on their website, doesn't appear to list any caving shops. Quite a few in the North though.

Aye, that's kind of why I asked the original question.

JoshW

Pitlamp said:
JoshW said:

Aye, that's kind of why I asked the original question.

Their placement of Ramsgate in the South West certainly gives some doubt to the accuracy of the list  :LOL:

Pitlamp

Indeed. My knowledge of the geography of the south is not great (it's somewhere near France isn't it?) but even I know where Ramsgate really is!  ::)

Piglet

Pitlamp
Have you tried Caving Supplies in Buxton.  They always used to have Beaver suits - that's where I got my first one from.  ;)

mikem

JoshW said:
Their placement of Ramsgate in the South West certainly gives some doubt to the accuracy of the list  :LOL:
The company doesn't seem too sure what they're doing either! The other Ramsgate address is in SE.

Steve Clark

If you have no luck with the caving shops, I?d recommend SDS in Sheffield or Divemaster in Nottingham. Both shops can still actually do proper drysuit repairs & DUI/Santi warranty work, in house, in the UK. There aren?t many left, please support them if you can.