Author Topic: Ireby-Rift connection  (Read 5261 times)

Offline Cripplecreeker

• menacing presence
Re: Ireby-Rift connection
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2019, 07:17:29 pm »
If the One Show, or Bear Grills, needs a guide then I’d be delighted to show them the way  :lol:

Offline David Rose

• junky
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2019, 10:16:10 am »
It is clear from reading these posts that this connection needs a lot of attention to make it more enjoyable, and passable by larger cavers, such as myself. Could the CNCC please get this sorted? The kind folks who put the via ferrata into County and made the nice footholds in Wretched Rabbit could perhaps be persuaded to undertake this work. Then the splendid Ireby - Large Pot through trip can be accessible to all!

Offline shotlighter

• junky
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2019, 11:40:56 am »
I agree with Dave. Should perhaps the CNCC invest in a TBM to facilitate this. Nothing too big, infact that one thats been used to on the recent pipeline project under Keswick would be ideal & I think they're finished with it now.

Offline Badlad

• Administrator
  • forum hero
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2021, 12:02:43 pm »
Has anyone been to the connection area since these earlier posts?

In view of the planned attempt on the full Three Counties traverse being planned for 2022 I reckon this area will be more of a crux than the diving.

Offline Cripplecreeker

• menacing presence
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2021, 09:25:09 pm »
I don’t know of anybody going through Tim. Happy to dig it open again before the occasion though! From previous experience once a couple of people have ploughed through the silt it stays open for a while.

I suspect  the crux will be founding a diver who can fit through the triangular squeeze into the Kendal Extensions!

Offline Loki

• regular
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2021, 10:34:08 pm »
I’m happy to put some work in here too to open it up again. It took so much work the first time! I don’t know if it’s mentioned elsewhere but when we did the original dig we built a dam of rubble sacks filled with sludge then bailed the more watery sludge behind it to get more sacks of sludge to build the dam higher. At the end of the session we’d release the watery stuff through a pipe that was through the bottom of the dam so it could be bunged and re-bailed next time. All from the rift side. It was certainly a relief the first time we popped through! I
Hidden Dips

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal