Heron Pot High Level Route

adamski555

On a much earned day off ,i decided to go caving with a mate of mine .The pot we picked was Heron Pot. Instead of the usual 2 pitches ,we did the High level Route which leads to a fine pitch in a circular shaft.I have known about this route for over 15 years but it has taken till now to get round to doing it .Kit needed 50m rope and 8 krabs ,we did it on a 25m and a 30m split in to 2 bags.If you fancy a different spin on an old favourite i can recommend this route.More info in new CNCC rigging guide.

dunc

Didn't know there was a high level route with alternate pitch! Bugger, means I'll have to go back, again...

damian

dunc said:
Didn't know there was a high level route with alternate pitch! Bugger, means I'll have to go back, again...

Neither did I ... and I haven't been there for ages, so that's a good excuse for a return.

While on the subject of higher-level routes, has anyone ever continued out beyond the p-bolted traverse at the head of the first of the two nice pitches in Hurnell Moss. I reckon it will produce a free hang all the way down both pitches, or at least a rebelay at the y-hang for the second pitch.