Are you on the map?

wellyjen

You've got Crewe CPC's pub spot on. Assuming it survives Covid and we ever get to go back there.  :(
Jen

first-ade

I tried adding York caving club's website, but I can't work out how to merge it. My first time using GitHub, think I'll have to return my geek card...

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

aricooperdavis

Bristol Exploration Club,https://bec-cave.org.uk/,51.25062,-2.65498,Hut
Bristol Exploration Club,https://bec-cave.org.uk/,51.25171, -2.65744,Hut

Does the spurious space after the comma in the replacement line cause a problem?

andrewmcleod

AdrianTurner said:
I tried adding York caving club's website, but I can't work out how to merge it. My first time using GitHub, think I'll have to return my geek card...

It is a bit of a faff for smaller things (mostly set up for software development). I _think_ (because of the way Git and Github works) you have to fork the repository and create your own copy on Github, make the changes then, and then submit a pull request from there (there is theoretically a way to do it from another public non-Github repository but it is complicated and involves emailing people things).

first-ade

andrewmc said:
AdrianTurner said:

It is a bit of a faff for smaller things (mostly set up for software development). I _think_ (because of the way Git and Github works) you have to fork the repository and create your own copy on Github, make the changes then, and then submit a pull request from there (there is theoretically a way to do it from another public non-Github repository but it is complicated and involves emailing people things).
I think I've now managed to submit a pull request, so will just have to wait and see if it actually works!

aricooperdavis

AdrianTurner said:
I think I've now managed to submit a pull request, so will just have to wait and see if it actually works!

It's worked, you should see your update on the map (y)

meanderthal said:
Can you add the Cardiff Hill Divers please.

Yes, sorry about that, I don't know why they weren't on my list of clubs! Do you have any further details such as a website and coordinates that you'd like me to add?

Judi Durber said:
Hi BCA IT,  Could the Cave Rescue have a symbol to go on the map please  ;)

Cave Rescue isn't even on the website! :eek: Thank you for the heads up, we'll get a Cave Rescue page up. I'll also speak to the BCRC and see if they can share some of their data with us to facilitate plotting them on a map :)

aricooperdavis

JohnMCooper said:
aricooperdavis

Bristol Exploration Club,https://bec-cave.org.uk/,51.25062,-2.65498,Hut
Bristol Exploration Club,https://bec-cave.org.uk/,51.25171, -2.65744,Hut

Does the spurious space after the comma in the replacement line cause a problem?

Indeed it did, I'm so used to Javascript's
Code:
parseFloat
doing the trimming for me that I didn't think about it. I've given the whole thing a bit of an overhaul (it now uses open source leafletjs rather than Google Maps) so spurious spaces shouldn't trip it up in the future.

mikem

MCG & Shepton eastings seem okay, but northings are a bit off... (Same with Hunters' & Cerberus)

2xw

I have some doubts about whether royal forest of dean caving club have their pub meet in Stockton upon Tees.

This is a great feature Ari and one that we've needed for ages. You can pop the caves on it next ;)

aricooperdavis

2xw said:
I have some doubts about whether royal forest of dean caving club have their pub meet in Stockton upon Tees.

:-[ Needless to say, with the number of clubs we have and the number of other website changes that were needed, I didn't do an awful lot of error checking here... I've fixed that now and we should see an update on the website once the CDN updates in <2hrs.

Cheers Will  (y)