Author Topic: Pinocchio Pot - Leck Fell  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Franklin

• regular
Re: Pinocchio Pot - Leck Fell
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2021, 01:29:10 pm »
Okay Alex, we'll keep you informed.  :thumbsup:

Offline Swallowneck

• addict
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2021, 05:07:30 pm »
Alex, how could you ever think of going off glory hunting in foreign parts. You still have several kilometers of undreground Nidderdale to help find.  :lol: 

Offline Alex

• forum hero
  • BRCC, UWFRA.
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2021, 08:36:52 pm »
Unfortunately, Nidderdale is a lot further for me now tough takes about 2 hours, Ingleton area is just around an hour.

Now if we did a Nidderdale camping weekend or something, that would be excellent.
Anything I say is represents my own opinion and not that of a any club/organisation that I am a member of (unless its good of course)

Offline Franklin

• regular
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2021, 02:04:59 pm »
There has been a bit of a gap in posts though no gap in the digging - however, after yesterday's visit there might be.

The initial 'roof space' was dug out up to the stal curtain (just visible in the last post's shot) - the first snap is of Dave R at that point. The passage now has a working title - Bronson Crawl (after the character in the film The Great Escape who was claustrophobic and feared premature burial). To get there from the initial Coughin' Level you have to squeeze through a calcite slot - it was suggested we call it The Gates of Eden - though given the name of our fellow digger, it was called The Gates of Yeadon - see the snap of Badlad on the other side of it.

After we reached the curtain, another similar stretch of roof passage ran on the same bearing. We dug this out - snap of Bones at the limit of that. Beyond was a tiny arch and hole - we dug that out to a right angled bend - snap of Dave R's legs fast disappearing. Dave engaged his 'corkscrew' tunnelling mode and spun round and removed sand at the same tie - remarkable. See snaps of Dave's legs and boots - imagine them spinning round at a grand old speed!  ;D Beyond as an extremely tight twist and wrestle into another roof pocket at the point where the passage turned another right angle to regain the same rough bearing. The way on was draughting - small hole but sandy continuation. We've now added about 30m of horizontal passage to the pot.

A team of Badlad, Bones, Dave, Lynn, Mick and your correspondent returned yesterday to find the lower cave flooded. The tide had gone out a little though foam on the roof showed it had recently filled up. We shifted all the bags we loaded up on the last trip up into the higher chamber.

We will go back on Sunday to see if the flood waters have retreated.

Cheers,

Frank

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal