Titan dig completed!!!

bubba

Administrator
On Sunday, May 25th, the Titan surface dig finally connected to the top of Titan shaft.

Congratulations to the digging team for their 3 and a half years of toil, and connecting the biggest shaft in the UK to the surface.

:D

bubba

Administrator
No idea, but I'll post as soon as I know - I think there may be quite a bit of work left yet as apparantly there's quite a lot of unstable blocks at the top of the shaft, and something will have to be rigged to avoid it.

Round trip via JH is going to be a hard classic.

H

Huw Groucutt

about time! good effort all involved. What is the total depth from the top of the dig to the bottom of Titan? About 180-190 metres?

bubba

Administrator
Now, there's a question - and I've got no idea - anyone with a Peak survey know the altitude of the base of Titan?

SamT

Good effort all round - 3 and half years solid - every weekend. Now theres dedication for you. 8)

I suspect there will be a flood of people wanting to have a shuffty now.

Saw Moose and robbie at the weekend - it was funny - moose seemed quite forlorn (not quite the right word) but basically 3 years hard work has come to an end and its like oh well what next :| . We had the same feeling after we dug through the snakes pj's in bagshawe.

Robbie on the otherhand was like a terrier straining at the leash :twisted: - I think he cant wait to get stuck into the passages beyond. :D

Well done everyone