New 50km of cave discovered

ZombieCake

Given the current pushes by various people for space tourism there is a possibility that in a decade or two it would become possible, given the funding and political and business will.  And wouldn't it be a great place to go?  I'd sign up if I won the lottery! Mars also has potential given previous evidence of running water.
Seems that private funding maybe more effective than national organisations in pushing the boundaries forwards.  At present it's only really the Russians that have an effective manned space flight capability and that's just to the space station (the USA has to pay the return taxi fare if they need a lift), although the Chinese and others seem to be catching up.
It's a long way to go so might need to take a few extra snacks.  Mars bars and Milky Ways come to mind.

Roger W

There are a few tight places in terrestrial caves where you need to take your helmet and even your oversuit off to wriggle through.

Might not be so easy to do that on the Moon...

Laurie

Roger W said:
There are a few tight places in terrestrial caves where you need to take your helmet and even your oversuit off to wriggle through.

Might not be so easy to do that on the Moon...
I think the idea might be to build an airlock and fill it with a breathable atmosphere.