Spring 2007

whitelackington

I think Spring 2007 has reached Sunny Royal Berkshire, ever since The MET Office deserted us for Exeter we have been experiencing very warm weather.
The oak trees are now in leaf, this is about ten weeks too early.

cap n chris

I think you may be right about Spring having arrived already; the tree in my neighbour's garden which I can view from my desk appears to have buds on its branches! Time will tell..... 

Peter Burgess

Are you sure it's spring 2007? Perhaps it's so warm, we have missed a year, and it's now spring 2008?

There's nothing much in bud down in Sussex - the daffs are normally well advanced by now in a mild winter, but I haven't seen any coming up yet.

AndyF

Its the climate - it's knackered.

Good old government want us to fly less but are going ahoead with airport expansion. Joined-up-government.

Peter Burgess

AndyF said:

Good old government want us to fly less but are going ahoead with airport expansion. Joined-up-government.
It's a conspiracy. Everyone flies to Spain for a warm winter break so that the climate warms up so that they don't have to fly to Spain for a warm winter break because they can have it here instead.

cap n chris

AndyF said:

No, it's now working perfectly, thank you very much. We don't need to put our heating on as much as in the past; there are no winters any more instead we have Spring, Summer and a long Autumn leading straight back into Spring again. Woo-hoo! Also, the weather is much more exciting and there's more of it.

W

Walrus

cap 'n chris said:
Also, the weather is much more exciting and there's more of it.

What sort of days have no weather then? Do you not count overcast days or something?  :confused:

cap n chris

Not only is the weather more exciting but there's more exciting weather as well. Is that clearer? i.e. not only do we have bigger and better thunder storms but they happen more often.

Brains

There are buds, catkins and brambles in flower in the Via Gellia (Derbyshire to you heathens elsewhere) as of last night... And flying mice across the road chasing the moths and midges...

whitelackington

AndyF said:

:eek: Tony Blair has said B*****s to the environment,
we are not going to stop him flying as often as he wants. :cautious:

T

truescrumpy

whitelackington said:
AndyF said:

:eek: Tony Blair has said B*****s to the environment,
we are not going to stop him flying as often as he wants. :cautious:

He knows he's leaving the Government, so why should he care what happens, as long he gets the air miles and lets Cherie play with whatever she does !  then he's happy ;)

AndyF

truescrumpy said:
He knows he's leaving the Government, so why should he care what happens, as long he gets the air miles and lets Cherie play with whatever she does !  then he's happy ;)

Lets hope he flies somewhere where they do a "Pinochet" on him and arrest him as a war criminal

gus horsley

We've just had the three warmest January nights on record.  I hope everybody's getting prepared to protect our beloved karst when rising sea levels forces all the inhabitants of our biggest cities to head for the hills.

cap n chris

gus horsley said:
We've just had the three warmest January nights on record.  I hope everybody's getting prepared to protect our beloved karst when rising sea levels forces all the inhabitants of our biggest cities to head for the hills.

Frankly, if things get that bad I imagine that protecting the countryside will be the least of our concerns!

Hughie

cap 'n chris said:
gus horsley said:

Frankly, if things get that bad I imagine that protecting the countryside will be the least of our concerns!

Absolutely. Wheat prices are already rising (increasing demand for bio-ethanol production). I know of fellow peasants pulling land out of environmental schemes to return to full scale arable production.
If the global warming pundits are right, the demand for food and energy will overtake the environment. No subsidies required!

T

Tree Monkey

whitelackington said:
"They" did warn us it would quickly get warm, wet & windy :mad:
  This windy weather is very good for trade though!! (y)

AndyF

gus horsley said:

Just polishing the 12 bore now...

'dem townies is food!