Any Taunton Folk?

caaaaave

Hi there!

Im from Taunton and experienced in a few caves on mendip but would love to try more caves up there.

Would also be great to meet some new people!

Cheers

mrodoc

There are a few cavers in the Chard/Ilminster area such as Anfieldman, Ken Passant, Nick Chipchase, Brian Johnson and others including me. Nick Chipchase lives in Scafell Close. I have a dig on the Quantocks you can work on if you want. Various have shown interest then it seems to have waned. There is also some more potential on the Quantocks but I haven't time for doing anything more with it at present.

mrodoc

Holwell has 300 metres of passage. We tried to get a decent access arrangement but the farmer is not an easy person to negotiate with. A personal approach will probably get you in there. It is a very sporting cave with some unusual formations.  If you do a clandestine trip don't park in the obvious place in the lane as you will be spotted!  A visit would be worthwhile even if it's just to check what's going on. He filled in one of the smaller entrances several years ago but didn't like it when I politely pointed this out to him!  The trouble is it was descheduled as a SSSI - unbelievable when you consider it is the nearest cave to Fyne Court base of Somerset WT. If you want more info PM me.