Help - Pocket topo graphics export

SamT

Oh God - I'm clearly not doing very well am I.

How do I export the sketches we made in pocket topo.

So far -

Menu>export>Graphics

Assume default options to be ok

>Save
Drawing File .dfx is only option.

Open in AutoCAD, seems I can only see some of it (very large scale) and it wont zoom out to let me see it all.
I'm crap at all the Viewport/UCS/'World' nonsense in CAD. Never really understood it, but I suspect my problems lie here.

Tried opening the .dfx file in Inkscape - but I see nothing on the page. (the kind of Default A4 border it gives you.

Any clues???  It surely isn't that hard.

graham

This won't help you today, Sam, as he is away, but I know that Andrew Atkinson has written a script for Linux which takes the pocket topo files and exports to the correct format for Therion and should by now have already written the same thing for Windows.

andrew

I think that graham is referring to this

https://bitbucket.org/AndrewA/topparser/overview

It runs on Windows, (or any OS) that has python (subject to testing) Graham is referring to the fact that I intend to make an exe for him (and others) but that will have to wait until my hols are over.

It is not very polished, just does what I have been doing manually, so it may not work for everyone. The intention is to automate as much as possible of the conversion from Pockettopo to Therion, to it makes the folders and files then puts in as much of the info as possible, like the scale and scraps. It also takes information that is not exported on the standard export, like the actual trip information, and all three readings of the legs (commented out with a simple average of the readings used as the actual leg as leaving all the legs in leads to confusion, especially in the stats). Currently the survey team is fixed, and needs to be edited after, and the adding to repository are only radio buttons but do nothing. Opening the programs does not seem to work on Windows, but I have had limited chance to play on a Windows machine, so it could be that the commands are wrong.

So with it what you will but please report problems on the above page not here.

footleg