• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

New paid for experiences available at Hidden Earth!

Ethel.Bangrod

Here at Hidden Earth we are delighted to announce some new paid for experiences.

Are you looking for something... A little more special this Hidden Earth?

You can find the experiences on our website:

https://tinyurl.com/HiddenEarth

Please head to the reception desk to book. Turn up early to avoid disappointment!

- Hidden Earth team

P.S whilst I am here, if you require gluten free beer, please drop us an email so we have an idea of numbers

Duncan Price

:clap: Not going to Hidden Earth but if I was I'd be happy to oblige.  Instead I'll see of I can do a live webcast from a local cave/pub. :beer:

Antwan

Bit lazy copying the entire code from the HE site.

Just a friendly nudge that it's an offence to imitate a charity, and an offence to copy intellectual property if someone at the BCA doesn't like you. You could have put a bit of effort into making a proper 'almost like it' page or at least remove the address and charity number.

Duncan Price

Antwan said:
Bit lazy copying the entire code from the HE site.

Just a friendly nudge that it's an offence to imitate a charity, and an offence to copy intellectual property if someone at the BCA doesn't like you. You could have put a bit of effort into making a proper 'almost like it' page or at least remove the address and charity number.

Agreed - I gave Dankplaces a private correspondence course in IP but it fell on deaf ears - hence the ?1.10 lecture that I will deliver over the weekend.  I'm all in favour of a bit of satire but its easy to fall foul of the law.

aricooperdavis

Antwan said:
Just a friendly nudge that it's... an offence to copy intellectual property if someone at the BCA doesn't like you.

Isn't parody an exception in EU copyright law? I don't think you need the permission of the rights owner to reuse it in this case. Bloody freedom of expression - thanks ObamaTusk!

PeteHall

aricooperdavis said:
Antwan said:
Just a friendly nudge that it's... an offence to copy intellectual property if someone at the BCA doesn't like you.

Isn't parody an exception in EU copyright law? I don't think you need the permission of the rights owner to reuse it in this case. Bloody freedom of expression - thanks ObamaTusk!

Gov.uk says it's ok  (y)  https://www.gov.uk/guidance/exceptions-to-copyright#parody-caricature-and-pastiche

Not that I expect Ethel Bangrod gives a monkey's what the law says anyway ;)

Duncan Price

mudman said:
Excellent. :clap:
Where do I send my ?1.10?

Please send cheques made payable to "R. Dors" to Dr Duncan Price c/o The Hunter's Lodge Inn, Old Bristol Rd, Wells BA5 3AR - my accountant, Roger, will deal with the rest in exchange for local produce.