JH/Speedwell Keys

V

Vance

Hi,

I don't suppose anyone knows who to talk to about getting the keys for the gate to Speedwell at the bottom of JH? And I'm assuming that you can get the keys to JH from Rowter Farm....right?

Rob

Now that wold depend upon which gate exactly you mean as there are a few around that neck of the cave.

If it is just to the Speedwell Streamway from JH and back, there is an airlock type trapdoor, but this needs no key. Also, if yu are heading to Peak Cavern main entrance, there is a gate at the end of the Trenches, but this also needs no key, just a little inginuity.

There are two ways linking through to the Speedwell showcave, each with a gate, one in the main stream (just past the Bung) and another at the end of Troubled Waters. For both of these you would need keys. For these you would need to coordinate with the Showcave, however this is not often done.

Hope this helps...

V

Vance

I was refering to the airlock style trapdoor that's above the fixed ladders down into the Speedwell streamway. I've been that way before and it wasn't locked then but had heard that a lock had been placed on it in the not to distant past. As for the other gates - thanks for the info but we're not looking to do a through trip, just have a bit of a run around after throwing all that rope down.